Virtual RealityThe definition of virtual Reality comes, naturally, from the definitions for both ‘virtual’ and ‘reality’. The definition of ‘virtual’ is near and reality is what we experience as human beings. So the term ‘virtual reality’ basically means ‘near-reality’. This could, of course, mean anything but it usually refers to a specific type of reality emulation.
Everything that we know about our reality comes by way of our senses. In other words, our entire experience of reality is simply a combination of sensory information and our brains sense-making mechanisms for that information. It stands to reason then, that if you can present your senses with made-up information, your perception of reality would also change in response to it. You would be presented with a version of reality that isn’t really there, but from your perspective it would be perceived as real. Something we would refer to as a virtual reality
Topics to be covered:
Introduction to Unity 3D
Scripting in Unity
Unity 3D Game Development
Example: Scripting a demo game
Exploring Documentation / Learning More
Building Your Game / Compiling
WorldViz Vizard VR Toolkit:
Understanding WorldViz Vizard IDE
Understanding Vizard workbench options windows
Create and run a script
Docking a running scripts
VizConnect control setup
Display and trackers
Input and transport
Tool Events Avatar Gestures
2D & 3D texts
Changing the fonts
Attaching a Head / Head Morphing
Using Built in Animations
Animating Avatar Interactions
Working with sketchUp Make software
Working with Google sketch up models using VR Toolkits
Hardware Kit: One Google Cardboard to all individuals as take away.
- A working Laptop/PC with minimum of 2 GB RAM, 100 GB HDD, intel i3+ processor
- A Seminar Hall with sitting capacity of all participants along with charging plugs, proper ventilation
- Projector, Collar Mike and Speakers
- Digital toolkit of PPTs and study material for all participants
- Certificate of Participation for every participant.
- A competition will be organized at the end of the workshop and winners will be awarded by Certificate of Excellence.