Ruby on Rails (RoR)
You’ve got a head full of ideas when it comes to creating a web app, but where do you start?
In this workshop, you’ll learn HTML, Rails, and GIT basics that will get you moving the right direction in your app development process. In this workshop, you will learn the basics of programming in Ruby - enough to play around with arrays, hashes, control structures, and methods. You will also be able to build and deploy a simple Rails app.
This two days workshop covers all the essential topics about Ruby on Rails. The main focus of this workshop is to giving deep and inside knowledge about Ruby on Rails with purely industrial application.
Topics to be covered:
Introduction, Why use Rails?, MVC Architecture
Command Prompt, Install ruby, Development Kit, Ruby gems, Install rails, Install mysql, Web server
Creating Project, Bundler Introduction, Project access, Create Controller and view, File structure, Server Requests, Routes
Templates, Redirection, View Templates, Variable, Links and Parameters
Creating & Configuring Database, Rake, Migrations
Introduction to Active Record and Relation, Generating Models, Rails Console, CRUD with Records, Named Scopes
Types of Relationship(one to one, one to many, many to many)
Basic CRUD Operations, Form Basics,( Create, Edit, Delete with CRUD)
Layouts, Partials, Text, Number, Date Time, Custom Helpers
Form Helpers, Option Helpers, Form Errors, Prevent CSRF
Introduction to authentication, Secure Password, Login Logout, Cookies & Session
Improving the simple CMS
Hardware Kit: This workshop does not include any hardware kit.
- A working Laptop/PC with minimum of 1 GB RAM, 100 GB HDD, intel i3+ processor
- A Seminar Hall with sitting capacity of all participants along with charging plugs, proper ventilation
- Projector, Collar Mike and Speakers
- Digital toolkit of PPTs and study material for all participants
- Certificate of Participation for every participant.
- A competition will be organized at the end of the workshop and winners will be awarded by Certificate of Excellence.