Big Data Analytics refers to the process of collecting, organizing and analyzing large sets of data to discover patterns and other useful information from the data which can help the organizations. There are many tools which help in analyzing such data. We focus on one of the best tool for the same, i.e. using R language. With this workshop You will learn how to prepare data for analysis, compute various statistical measures, create meaningful data visualizations, create reusable R functions, create R models to predict expected future outcomes, and more!
Topics covered in workshop:
Day 1: Session 1
What is Big Data & Why Hadoop?
Big Data Characteristics, Challenges with traditional system
Introduction to R
History of R
An Insight into R
Data Structure and Data Type
Day 1: Session 2
Data Management and Data Cleaning
Missing Value Treatment
Creating new variables
Reading datasets from other environments into R ( importing )
Writing datasets from R environment to other environments (exporting )
Day 2: Session 1
Data Visualization in R
Scatter Plot ( 3D )
Spinning Scatter Plots
Histogram ( 3D ) [including colourful ones ]
Plotting with Base and Lattice Graphics
Plotting and Colouring
Day 2: Session 2
Using functions in R
Basic statistics in R
Measures of Central Tendency
Measures of Variability and Distributions
Performing Anova ( One – Way and Two – Way )
Hardware Kit: This workshop does not include any hardware kit.
- A working Laptop/PC with minimum of 2 GB RAM, 100 GB HDD, intel i3+ processor
- A Seminar Hall with sitting capacity of all participants along with charging plugs, proper ventilation
- Projector, Collar Mike and Speakers
- Digital toolkit of PPTs and study material for all participants
- Certificate of Participation for every participant.
- A competition will be organized at the end of the workshop and winners will be awarded by Certificate of Excellence.