This workshop is to teach the basic principles of information/network security from the perspective of providing security awareness and its best practices for the real world applications. It is also aimed at increasing the state-of-the-art technologies for protection of network and network-accessible resources from different types of attacks. Furthermore, a handful of network security tools will be demonstrated to provide opportunities to the participants to update their knowledge and allow them to interact for further collaborative works.
Day 1: Session 1
System Hacking & Security
Day 1: Session 2
Using various Information Gathering Tools
Using NMAP for Port Scanning
Using Wireshark for Packet Sniffing
Day 2: Session 1
Viruses and Backdoors
DoS and DDoS Attacks
Web Application vulnerabilities
Day 2: Session 2
Penetration Testing with BackTrack Linux
Creation & Detection of Viruses
Full Disk Encryption with TrueCrypt
Using DoS attack Tools
Hardware Kit: This workshop does not include any hardware kit.
- A working Laptop/PC with minimum of 2 GB RAM, 100 GB HDD, intel i3+ processor
- A Seminar Hall with sitting capacity of all participants along with charging plugs, proper ventilation
- Projector, Collar Mike and Speakers
- Digital toolkit of PPTs and study material for all participants
- Certificate of Participation for every participant.
- A competition will be organized at the end of the workshop and winners will be awarded by Certificate of Excellence.