This workshop will provide college students a base to Robotics and AVR Microcontroller. They will be developing their own models by their own hands. These projects focus on developing Embedded System designing using AVR Microcontroller. The workshop focuses on application and use of technology rather than their internal working so that a person can grasp the concepts well.
Pre-requisite for Workshop
- Basic of Electronics & Digital circuitry
- Basic Knowledge of Computer
- Basic knowledge Programming Language
- Passion to learn new creative things
Modules to be covered:
Session 1: Basic of Robotics
- Basic of Robotics
- Future of Robotics
- Various Robotics technologies
- Application of robotics
Session 2:Introduction of Basic Electronics
- Electronics Components related to i-robotics.
- Basic electronic components.
- Fundamental electrical concepts.
- Detailed session on Transistors.
- Development of Logic Gates using electronics components.
- What are Integrated Circuits? Which ICs are commonly used and How?
- Power Supply.
- Motor Drivers.
- Interfacing of sensors.
Session 3:Introduction to Microcontrollers
- What is Microcontroller?
- Difference between microcontroller and microprocessor?
- Microcontroller Architecture and interfacing.
- How can we use a microcontroller in our own circuits?
- Microcontroller Programming in Embedded \'C\'.
- Writing your First Embedded ‘C’ Program in AVR Studio.
- Compilation and debugging
- Flashing Compiled Embedded ‘C’ Program on a Microcontroller.
- Line following Robot Algorithms.
- Edge Avoiding Robot Algorithm.
- Edge Avoider Robot Algorithm.
Session 4:Sensors and Motors Control Using H-Bridge
- Types of Sensors.
- Sound Sensor.
- Circuitry and Functioning of Sound Sensor.
- IR Sensor.
- Circuitry and Functioning of IR Sensor.
- DC Motor Control.
- H-Bridge Motor Driver/Controller.
- Hands on Session for H-Bridge interfacing.
- Directional Control Through H-Bridge.
- AVR Microcontroller.
- AVR Architecture.
- ATmega8/16/32 Basic Features.
Session 5:Line Tracking Robot with AVR microcontroller
- Assembling Robotic Kit.
- Interfacing Sensors with Microcontroller.
- Interfacing Motor Driver with Microcontroller.
- Introduction to Embedded C.
- Microcontroller Burning/ Loading.
- Writing and burning Line Follower Program.
- Testing and debugging Line Follower Program.
Session 6:Development of Music Robots
- Writing and burning Music Operated Program.
- Testing and debugging Music Operated Program.
Fees: Rs. 1500/- per head. Kit to be given in a group of 5 members.