Tall Building Design
The design of tall buildings essentially involves conceptual design, approximate analysis, preliminary design and optimization to safely carry different loads acting on structure. The structural design for a skyscraper must ensure that the building is able to stand up safely, able to function without excessive deflections or movements which may cause fatigue of structural elements, cracking or failure of fixtures, fittings or partitions, or discomfort for occupants. Tall Building Design Workshop primarily aims at educating the participants about analysis and design of tall buildings.
Students will be introduced to Structural building engineering and associated software used in tall building design. With the help of various case studies, the participants would be made to understand and develop the skills required for designing tall buildings in the real world. Participants will learn to evaluate different problem statements given to them and so increase proficiency in key civil engineering concepts.
Topics to be covered:
High Rise building
Load resisting systems
Codes requirements conforming to Indian Standard
Load Calculation ( Dead , Live , Wind )
Industrial approach to projects
Modelling of a structure: An overview
Setting up different load cases
Design of concrete frames
Design of Steel frame elements
Modelling and design of shear walls
Case studies on industrial projects
Hardware Kit: This workshop does not include any hardware kit.
- A working Laptop/PC with minimum of 2 GB RAM, 100 GB HDD, intel i3+ processor
- A Seminar Hall with sitting capacity of all participants along with charging plugs, proper ventilation
- Projector, Collar Mike and Speakers
- Digital toolkit of PPTs and study material for all participants
- Certificate of Participation for every participant.
- A competition will be organized at the end of the workshop and winners will be awarded by Certificate of Excellence.