All engineered construction resting on the earth must be supported by some kind of interfacing element, called a foundation. It is evident that foundation is the very important part of a civil engineering project. The objective of the Foundation Analysis workshop is to teach students the appropriate approach towards soil foundation analysis used in construction projects.
Foundation Analysis involves concepts from both Structural engineering and Geo technical engineering. The workshop aims to provide working knowledge on the computational analysis methods, Geo technical characteristics of soil, variety of soil foundations necessary for different soil profiles, and all tools and techniques used for soil foundation engineering.
Topics to be covered:
Overview of Caisson Foundation and Machine Foundation
Suitable foundation system for the structure
Different modes of Footing Failures
Design principles of Footing conforming to Indian Standards
Industrial approach to projects
Setting up different load cases
Analysis and design of Isolated Footing
Analysis and design of Combined Footing
Analysis and design of Mat /Raft Footing
Analysis and design of Flat Footing
Reinforcement detailing of footing and slab
Case studies on industrial projects
Hardware Kit: This workshop does not include any hardware kit.
- A working Laptop/PC with minimum of 2 GB RAM, 100 GB HDD, intel i3+ processor
- A Seminar Hall with sitting capacity of all participants along with charging plugs, proper ventilation
- Projector, Collar Mike and Speakers
- Digital toolkit of PPTs and study material for all participants
- Certificate of Participation for every participant.
- A competition will be organized at the end of the workshop and winners will be awarded by Certificate of Excellence.