Emotional intelligence (EI) is one of the most important ideas to hit the business world in recent years. It is based on the notion that the ability of managers to understand their own emotions, and those of the people they work with.
Why do smart people fail? Why do technically brilliant individuals have trouble managing others and collaborating on a team? It is not because they lack intelligence or technical skills. Far from it. What they lack is a critical level of Emotional Intelligence (EI) and the ability to manage their own emotions and others’ when they are under pressure.
Focusing on managing your emotions under pressure, this program will enable you to increase your personal leadership by learning how to manage your emotional brain in your most difficult moments. This will allow you to influence and engage others, and connect with them in a more meaningful way.
Topics to be covered :
A. Emotions - where they come from and how they affect you
1. What is your typical response to difficult people and situations?
2. How is it working for you?
3. How to see situations and people the way they really are - without distortion or judgments
4. Stop the emotional train by detecting exactly when an intense emotion is taking over
5. The E-factor: Overcome draining emotions and regain your energy and zest for life
6. Your hot buttons-4 ways to keep people from pushing yours
7. A remarkable process for mastering your emotions
B. Know how to eliminate behaviours and habits that hinder success:
1. How to face up to conflict, in spite of the almost irresistible urge to run away
2. How to give yourself the most wonderful gift of all - the ability to choose your emotional response on the spot
3. How to stop worry from spiralling out of control
4. The single best way to turn off negative self-talk
5. Take control of anger and other strong emotions
6. Common misconceptions about anger-and how to replace them with the truth
7. New, healthy ways for releasing anger
8. Reinterpreting events that would normally cause you to "lose it"
9. How and why to detect underlying causes of anger (without going to a therapist)
10. How to rewire your brain and stop overreacting-for good
11. How to see anger as a feeling-not an insurmountable fault
12. Replacing patterns of distorted thinking with "reality thinking"
C. Stay positive and productive in the midst of workplace change:
1. The very real connection between stress and intense emotions
2. Dealing with workplace changes you have no control over-the secret to "going with the flow"
3. Why some people thrive on the feeling of being overwhelmed
4. How to act calmly under pressure-and feel that way inside, too
5. Scientifically proven ways to remove stress and the symptoms associated with it
6. A new way to look at communication and how it can protect you from emotional overload
Duration: The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with eight hour session each day in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hands on sessions.